In March, 2009, Hydromissions founders, Steve and Jennifer Lorch flew to the town of Tuni in the State of Andra Pradesh to work with CCIMA Mission. Together, a well was put into a coastal area using a local sand drilling technique. This well gave local Christians the open door to construct a church gathering place which had formerly been denied (for several years) by the village leaders. This “foot in the door” is a great move forward in sharing the gospel with an unreached area, and it is the hope of CCIMA to continue this type of outreach to many more villages annually.
HydroLog: 03/12/09 – 03/20/09. Location: N 17˚ 17.155’, E 082˚ 34.861’, Elevation: 75 meters. Sandy topsoil from the start. Water hit at 7ft, which caved in rapidly. Augering abandoned for “surge sand” technique down to 30 ft. Well cased to 22ft (after more collapse). Fresh water column of 15.5ft with top suction (pitcher) pump and cement pad installed.
Since our first well in India in March, 2009, this work has continued as an ongoing outreach under the careful supervision of pastor Penke Varaprasadarao. The following are reports from this outreach in order of completion:
1. Pastor Stephen raja, Sittyagari tota, Pithapuram, E.G.DT. Here the bore well was fixed on 14th July, 2009 in church compound for the slum people. Who are coming to church compound for drinking water. The bore well is being benefited for 500 people. So far no bore well in this area. This is the first bore well in this area for drinking water.
2. Kola Krishna, Chitrada, pithapuram mandalam, E.G.DT. Here the bore well was fixed in church compound on 17th July, 2009. This village called chitrada.There is dhal it colony beside the church compound. The dhal it people are struggled for water. Present this bore well was more useful for dhalit people.
3. R. sat yam, Timmapuram village, Tuni madalam, E.G.DT. Here the bore well was fixed in church compound on 22nd July, 2009. This village is situated near hills. Here people are depending on daily wages in working cashew nut factories. Here people are being affected by different diseases due to polluted drinking water, so far no bore well in this area. This bore well being useful for this village people.
4. Lovaraju, Ulesawaram, Parthipadu madlam. Here the bore well was fixed on 19th July, 2009 in one of the believer’s house. Here the believer donated piece of land for bore well for people of this village. Here children are being affected by the polluted water. The bore well is being benefited for this village people.
5. P.suresh babu, Dhalit colony, velampeta, E. G.D.T. This bore well was fixed on 24th July 2009 in church compound which is in Dhalit colony. Here people are troubled lot, because there is no bore well in Dhalit colony. This bore well is being useful to the Dhalit people. Present the Dhalit people are coming to church compound for drinking water.
6. Pitla Apparao, Paleteeru, payakaraopeta mandamlam, Visakha district. This bore well was fixed 29th july2009 in land of Apparao who donated piece of land for bore well to the public use. This bore well was fixed in the B.C colony where no bore well in the area. This people are going 3 kilometers for cannel water. This bore well is purely drinking water by the grace of God.. This people depend on daily wages. This people joy is no bounds for this bore well. This bore well was inaugurated on august 2009
7. Dara satiibabu, Ankam peta. Visakha patnam district. This bore well was fixed on 27th July in land of Tammarao who donated land for public people. Here no bore well in this Ankam peta village. People are going for drinking water to cannel. Here people are being affected by diseases by cannel water.
8. The 8th bore well was fixed on 5th august in villages of Sriramapuram in Dhalit colony where no borewell so far. Here untouchable is there. People are not allowed to go water. so they use to go for drinking water for 2 kilometers. Present this bore well is being useful for Dhalit colony. This bore well was fixed in church compound which is in Dhalit colony. You visited and tried to dig well in that church compound and there was much rocky in that area. I hoped you remembered place. This bore well was inaugurated on 8th august.
9. The village of Chinna- rambadrapuram is situated near the national highway.. In the entrance of this village the Dhalit people houses are there. This dalit people have to go for water, to the high caste people who are not allowing this Dhalit people. In this Dhalit area the there is well which was constructed with stones many years ago .This well was damaged completely. This people use to go for water to the national highway at least they have to go for 3 kilometeres. We received request from Dhalit people for bore well. We enquired and fixed in bore well on 13th August, 2009 in Dhalit area of this village. The people are so happy of this well. One way there is way for gospel work by this bore well. We inaugurated this bore well on 16th August, 2009.
10. This bore well is fixed on 18th August,2009 in church compound in Namavaram (Dhalit colony) where no bore well. This Dhalit people use to go for water near canal. They suffered lot for drinking water. Even government also neglected this people. This local pastor requested bore well so we enquired and fixed bore well in this Dhalit colony. This Dhalit people have much happy of this bore well.
11. 2009-11-09 pastor emmanuel, K.E chinnnayapalem Kotanandoor Mandalam E,G.DT. Location details: K.E chinnayapalem village situated among the hills and belongs to konanadoor mandalam. Mainly this bore well was fixed in colony of schedule caste (sc, low caste people) this people are being treated as untouchable people in community. This bore well is being benefited to 400 people of low caste people. Bore well details: depth of bore well is 115 ft, GPS details; N 17* 27.405, E 082* 25.617 elevation 191 ft
12. 2009-11-29 pastor A.CH spurgeronraju, N.S venkatapuram (via), N. suravaram post, Tuni- madalam. Number of people benefited; 350, Depth of bore well; 105ft. Land details; rocky area which is among the hills.
GPS details; ELEV; 98 ft N 17* 24.551. E 082* 30.667. This bore well was fixed among the low caste people where church compound in which bore well fixed. This village people of low caste are happy of this bore well. This bore well water is pure drinking water. The low caste people are happy to use this bore well.
13. 2009-11-29 pastor sugunakar, kolimearu(village), N. suravaram, Tuni- mandalam. Depth of bore well; 110 ft. Land details; rocky area which is among the hills. Number of people benefited; 300. GPS details; ELE; 119 ft N 17* 25.630* E 082* 29. 638. This bore well was fixed in church compound which is in low caste people. This people suffered lot due to lack of drinking water. People are happy of this bore well for drinking water.
The low caste people are happy to take the drinking water from church compound.
14. 2009-12-21 D. Ermiyya, S.c colony, Koda village, Tondgi mandalam, Depth 105ft, Soil: mud only. Land details: plain. GPS details: Ele: 4FT N 17*13.015* E 082*25.362* This bore well fixed in church compound which is Shedule colony in k. koda villages. In this village this low caste colony separated to koda village. Here no bore well for drinking water. This people use to drink canal water which is purely populated water. This low caste people use to effected often different disease due to this canal water. The fixed bore well is being used to low caste people in this village.
15. 2009-12-28 P. parasuramudu, A.V nagaram village, Tondagi Mandalam, E.G.DT. Depth bore well 110ft. Land details; plain , soil; mud. GPS Details; Ele 14FT N 17*11.498* E 082*23.907* This bore well fixed in B.C colony in A.V . nagaram village. In this B..C colony no bore well so far. in this colony many are under poverty . so here the B.C people being benefited by this bore well. 250 people being benefited by this bore well.
16. 2009-12-28 Ch. Bhaskarao, A.K mallavaram, Gollaprolu Mandalam, E.G.DT. Depth of bore well: 120 feet, soil: plain area. GPS details: ELE 41 FT N17*10.130 E 082* 21.687*. This bore well fixed in church compound near low caste people. This is the first bore well in this village. Here people use to drink canal water which affected to get many diseases. This is the bore well is being used 250 people of low caste.
17. 2009-12-28 Ch. Solomon raju, Ravikampadu, Tondagi mandalam, E.G.DT. Depth bore well: 165 FT, soil: rocky area. GPS details: ELE 58 FT N17*13.634 E 082* 22.622* This bore well is fixed in church compound which is in B.C colony this people are under the poverty. There is no bore well for drinking water in this colony. Here people are going 2 kilometer for drinking water. Here high caste people are not allowing B.C people for drinking water. Present this bore well being useful for 350.
18. 2010-01-13 Nakka apparao, A.P mallavaram, Gollaprolu (mandalam), E.G.DT. Benefited people; 200. Land details; plain area, mud only. Depth bore well; 115 ft. GPS details; Ele; 243ft N 17*10.262* E 082*22.149. This bore well fixed in B.C colony these people use work in canals and digging workers. They use to work on daily wages. In this village there is no bore well so far. It is first bore well for drinking water. Here land lords are not allowing BC people for drinking water. The BC people use to drink in canal water. Many people are being affected many diseases. One of the Christian give donated the pieces of land for this bore well. After fixing the bore well, The BC people are so happy of this people.
19. 2010-01-13 T. daiva balam, P.E chinnayapalem, Thondagi Mandalam, E,G,DT. Depth of bore well; 138 feet. Land details; rocky area. Soil; stones. GPS details; Ele; 105 ft N 17*14.838 E 082* 23. 572. Benefited people; 300. This bore well is fixed in church compound which is in Schedule cast (low caste).. Here people are suffered lot for lack of drinking water. The low caste people are living around the church compound. Here people are so happy of this bore well.
20. 2010-01-17 G. david raju, P.lakshmipuram, Payaraopeta(Mandalm), Viskha district. Benefited people; 200. Depth bore well; feet 135. Soil of area; rocky. GPS details; ELE 76 ft N 17*22. 583* E 082* 34. 599. This bore well is fixed in church compound which is in schedule caste (low caste). Here people are troubled lot for drinking water. For this people use the bore well is fixed in church compound. This bore well is being useful to this low caste people. This people are so happy of this bore well.